PENNZOIL LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY
COVERING VEHICLE ENGINE PARTS FOR DO-IT-YOURSELF AND INSTALLED CUSTOMERS BY SOPUS PRODUCTS.
SOPUS Products warrants you, the vehicle owner or lessee whose name appears on the front of this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty document (“you”), that it will repair or replace, at its option and at its expense, the engine parts listed below, that fail on account of engine wear or which experience abnormal wear, because Pennzoil® motor oil failed to provide proper lubrication. The Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty includes all the terms listed below. This Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty is free. No one may charge you a fee for it, or change it, or make any exceptions to its terms. This Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty is available on Pennzoil® motor oil to customers who change their own oil or have their oil changed by an installer, automotive center, commercial fast oil change facility, gasoline service station, or auto dealer and who use Pennzoil® motor oil.
THIS PENNZOIL LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AND NONE SHALL BE IMPLIED. ALL WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE TERMS AND DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY. SOPUS PRODUCTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT, HOWEVER CAUSED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED LIMITED WARRANTY LASTS,OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PENNZOIL LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS PENNZOIL LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY.
A. How Long Does the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty Last:
• Up to 10 years or 300,000 miles (whichever is first) – if you exclusively use other Pennzoil® motor oil products (i.e., Pennzoil®, Pennzoil Gold™, Pennzoil® High Mileage, Pennzoil Platinum®, or Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil)
• Once your vehicle has more than 75,000 miles or is more than 72 months old, you may only change from 15 years/ 500,000 miles warranty protection to 10 years/300,000 miles warranty protection. The change becomes effective as soon as you stop using the Pennzoil® top portfolio level full synthetic motor oil and start using the other Pennzoil motor oil products. This change cannot be reversed.
• Product names may change or a product may be substituted or discontinued without notice at SOPUS Products’ sole discretion.
• Vehicles used, registered or leased for commercial, agricultural or competition purposes do not qualify for the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty.
B. What Engine Parts Are Covered (“Listed Engine Parts”):
2. Oil Pump & Timing Chains
3. Crankshaft and Bearings
4. Rocker Arms and Pivots
6. Rod Bearings
7. Push Rods
8. Cam Shaft and Bearings
9. Valve Stems and Guides
10. Wrist Pins and Bushings
11. Turbo Bearings
12. Valve Lifter
13. Cylinder Lining or Bore
14. Distributor Drive Gear
15. Timing Gears or Sprockets
C. What You Do as Part of the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty Program:
2. Service your vehicle’s engine with a Pennzoil® motor oil, in the service classification and viscosity grade that is appropriate for your vehicle as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.
3. SOPUS Products requires you to change your vehicle’s oil and oil filter at least as often as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
4. Replace your vehicle’s air filter and air cleaner element at least as often as your vehicle manufacturer recommends, and maintain your vehicle’s emission control system in accordance with your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.
5. Follow all scheduled engine maintenance recommendations by the vehicle manufacturer.
6. Update your oil change records online at least once every twelve (12) months, even if no oil change has taken place, on the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty website so you can maintain your coverage (except for California and Michigan residents).
• If you have your oil professionally changed and your vehicle’s engine and emission control system professionally serviced by an installer, automotive center, commercial fast oil change facility, gasoline service station, or auto dealer, save all of your receipts.
• If you change your own oil, you must save all your receipts from a merchant or retailer showing your required Pennzoil® oil and filter purchase, as well as your receipts for having your engine and emission control system serviced.
• Keep these receipts in a safe place.
• If you have a claim, you must be able to show SOPUS Products that you used Pennzoil® motor oil, and satisfy all other requirements, before you will be eligible for reimbursement under this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty.
• To ensure you do not forget updating your records online, at your request, we will send you up to three reminders within the two months prior to the deadline via the email account you used to setup your account on the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty website. If you do not update your records, your account will be inactivated and you will no longer be covered under the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty program. To reactivate the account you will have to re-register and follow the program terms and conditions.
D. What Else Is Important (including Eligibility and Exclusions):
2. This Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty only covers passenger cars, vans, SUVs and pickup trucks with a gross vehicular weight of 10,000 pounds or less that you own or lease, and which have been driven 75,000 miles or less when you first used Pennzoil® motor oil and whose manufactured date is within the last 72 months of your first use of Pennzoil® motor oil (“Eligible Vehicle”). If the Eligible Vehicle is leased, it may be covered, but only if you are an individual, or a professional association or a professional corporation, and are primarily obligated for repairs and maintenance.
3. This Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty is transferable. You can transfer this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty before your vehicle has been driven 75,000 miles, but only if the person you transfer it to has copies of your receipts or can prove your compliance with the terms of the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty. You must start the transfer process via the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty website. For more details contact Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty headquarters via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. This Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty does not cover claims that result from (1) pre-existing conditions (which may be verified through an oil spectro-chemical analysis, at SOPUS Products’ discretion), (2) collision, negligent or intentional abuse, (3) improper service or maintenance, (4) defect in manufacture or Listed Engine Parts, or caused by parts that are not Listed Engine Parts, (5) improper installation of any part, or (6) failure to maintain motor oil or engine coolant at levels prescribed by the manufacturer.
6. If your repair claim is covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s limited warranty or any extended service contract, you cannot collect again from SOPUS Products. However, if your extended service contract contains a deductible amount, SOPUS Products will pay your deductible amount if the extended service contract covers a claim also covered by this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty.
7. Payment of claims is limited to one (1) claim for the reimbursement of “Qualified Repair Expenses” that you actually pay to repair covered damages. “Qualified Repair Expenses” are defined as (1) actual parts and labor expenses necessarily incurred to repair damaged “Listed Engine Parts”, only, which shall be no more than the time to make repairs or to replace the “Listed Engine Parts”, allocated by Chilton’s Flat Rate Guide or other industry accepted flat rate guide times (x) the commercial repair shop’s posted hourly rate, plus (+), if necessary, the reasonable cost of a replacement engine part of like kind and quality; and (2) incurred within the warranty coverage duration as stated above.
8. You will void this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty if your application or other information submitted contains untrue information, or if your vehicle is not an Eligible Vehicle.
9. The Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty is only available to legal residents of the United States.
E. What to Do If You Have A Claim:
2. Before repairs are made to your vehicle, you must provide the claims administrator with all of the following:
b. Copies of all other service and repair orders that will verify compliance with the terms of this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty;
c. A copy of your lease agreement if the vehicle is leased;
d. A copy of the current vehicle registration card;
e. A complete statement of damage and repair costs;
f. A sample of the motor oil and the damaged parts at the time of the claim, if requested by SOPUS Products.
4. If you have complied with the terms and conditions of this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty, SOPUS Products will approve the claim and make payment, as provided in this Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty, after the repairs are completed
ANY CLAIM IS LIMITED TO $5,000.00, OR THE ACTUAL CASH VALUE OF THE ELIGIBLE VEHICLE, WHICHEVER IS LESS. YOUR REIMBURSEMENT UNDER THIS PROGRAM WILL NEVER BE MORE THAN QUALIFIED REPAIR EXPENSES. YOU MAY ONLY HAVE ONE (1) CLAIM PER ELIGIBLE VEHICLE UNDER THE PENNZOIL LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY.
© SOPUS Products 2017. All rights reserved. 158385